Planning to move house can be a daunting task at the best of times. There is a lot to think about and no matter how organised you are, the process can often become quite overwhelming
Don’t panic… These simple steps can help take the stress
out of your next move.
MOVING CHECKLISTS ARE A GREAT WAY TO KEEP TRACK OF EVERYTHING!
Don’t wait until the last minute – the first and most important point to remember when moving house, is to plan ahead and allow yourself plenty of time for packing. If you fail to plan, essentially you are planning to fail. The excitement of finding your “dream home” can often end up being overshadowed by a nightmare move. Quite often the stresses of moving can be avoided, simply by planning your move and packing as early as possible.
HIRE A PROFESSIONAL FURNITURE REMOVALIST AND REMEMBER THE CHEAPEST OPTION ISN’T ALWAYS THE BEST!
Book an experienced removalist, one with an excellent reputation. Take the time to view testimonials from previous customers. Reviews are based solely on customer satisfaction and offer information directly related to personal experience and level of service provided by a business.
CLEVER TIPS TO GET YOU PACKING
Pack smart – do not pack items you no longer want. Start packing early to allow yourself plenty of time to go through each room. Only pack items you want to take to your new home, unwanted items can be put aside and donated to charity, sold or thrown away.
What you’ll need to pack like a Pro:
- Corrugated cardboard / thick blankets for wrapping paintings, photo frames, TV screens
- Packing paper or newspaper / bubble wrap
- Wide packing tape and dispenser
- Permanent marker pens
Start by packing items you rarely use first. Clearly mark boxes containing “fragile” items. Label all boxes appropriately, knowing what is in each box and where it belongs will save time at your new home.
PREPARING YOUR “MOVING DAY SURVIVAL KIT”
- Secure valuables and personal documents in a safe place, to be included in your “Moving Day Kit” along with other essential items. Ensure this box is packed in your car on moving day.
What to include in your Moving Day Kit:
- Plastic plates, cutlery for each person ( picnic set is ideal)
- Water bottles / snacks
- pillows, blankets, bed linen
- Pyjamas and a change of clothes
- Phone / electronic device chargers
- Other essentials: medication, toothbrush, toilet paper, wet wipes
Arrange for phone and utilities to be cancelled and organise connection at your new address, prior to your move.
Finally update your address – identification documents including passport and drivers license, notify schools, insurance companies, medical and dental care providers, etc.
IF YOU ARE MOVING HOUSE AND REQUIRE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR ASSISTANCE – WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU…